League of Women Voters of Boulder County
Hello league members, friends and family!
We've formed a team for the YWCA Dash and Bash - an event that brings together a community of passionate and diverse individuals to connect and raise funds that will change the world by supporting the YWCA Boulder County's mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Our Goal is to build a team that supports both the LWVBC and the YWCA, promoting our community involvement and ties with organizations that share some of our incredible goals and work towards important topics like the YWCA mission of empowering women and eliminating racism!
The Dash and Bash includes 5K, 10K and a 1 mile Kid's Fun Run as well as food, music and a celebration at the finish. All are welcome and may participate on any level, walking running or cheering.
Date/Location: Sunday September 29th, at Boulder Reservoir. 5565 Reservoir Rd. Boulder, CO 80301
Fundraising Goal: $500
Anyone may participate and join at any level, our suggested individual goal is that each participant tries to gather $50 in donations. You can self donate or ask friends and family to contribute to you as a participant to spread the awareness and meet our fundraising goals towards these important programs.
We've set an ambitious goal to support the YWCA and hope that you'll join with us! Proceeds from the Dash and Bash directly support the YWCA’s Children’s Alley program, which is the only drop-in, sliding-scale childcare in the Denver metro area, as well as other programs including their Reading to End Racism program in local elementary schools and the Latina Achievement Support mentorship program for high school girls. The money raised will help these essential, empowering programs to continue thriving.
- $50 provides 1 week of tutoring for a high school girl in the Latina Achievement Support Program
- $100 provides 8 books for inclusive activities in elementary schools
- $250 provides 2 full days of child care for a family in need
- $350 will provide parenting classes for 4 parents
- $500 will provide safe, nurturing and consistent childcare to a child for two weeks.
- $750 will support additions and updates to our playgrounds so children have a safe and fun place to enjoy
- $1,000 will support critical social justice work that make it possible for volunteers to create sustainable public policy change.